June 11 - 17, 2018 - Spring Into Summer: a Gentle Detox
Seven Day Jumpstart for the Mind, Body and Spirit
Crisp is teaming up with Amy Cochran Wellness to offer a seven day gentle detox program. The program will go from Monday, June 11 - Sunday, June 17. Amy will provide the meal guidelines, recipes, grocery list, and unlimited support via text and email. Also included is one week of unlimited group fitness classes at Crisp during the program (we provide a recommended fitness schedule for the week) PLUS a kick-off yoga class with Deb and Q&A with Amy on June 10th before we start. Total cost of this program is $150. More details and a link to register online below.
Note: you can register online through the MINDBODY website (after you log-in) but registration for this program is not available on the MINDBODY app from your phone. You are welcome to stop by and register in person at the front desk or call 207-298-1629 or email us if you have any trouble registering or paying online.
Our bodies naturally detoxify everyday. Detoxification is one of the body’s most basic automatic functions for eliminating and neutralizing toxins through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph and skin. Unfortunately in this day and age, with the pollution found in the air, water and food we eat, our bodies (livers) have a hard time keeping up. Our chemically laden diets loaded with processed foods, vegetable oils and trans fats, non-organic foods, caffeine and alcohol radically changes our internal environment. A detox program such as this is an opportunity to slow down, be mindful of what’s entering your body and activate your digestive system for detoxification and elimination. The results are powerful: clarity, energy, internal cleansing and external vibrancy.
This detox is meant to be a mini vacation for your internal organs. For one week, let your body rest, reset and refresh! It is not a diet, it is not a fast and is not meant to be an act of deprivation. Rather, the purpose is to help relieve the body of toxins due to allergenic or sensitive foods, sugar, caffeine, alcohol and chemicals. It is meant to improve your body’s ability to handle such burdens and properly eliminate them. The beauty of this program is that it is gentle, yet effective. You will be encouraged to eat real food and an abundance of fluids.
General Guidelines for Seven Days:
- Three meals per day, plus snacks (if needed, to maintain blood sugar)
- A rainbow of seasonal, organic fruit, veggies and dark leafy greens
- Nuts and seeds (in raw or sprouted form) including nut and seed butters
- Non-glutenous grains (quinoa, rice, millet, buckwheat, gluten free oats)
- Healthy fats (avocados, nuts and seeds) and oils (avocado oil, olive oil, axseed oil and coconut oil)
- Beans and Legumes (except for peanuts)
- Lean poultry and fish in moderation (organic and hormone free) - vegetarian and vegan options also!
- Fresh green juice and smoothies
Seven Day Jumpstart Program Includes:
- Detox Protocol and Guidelines
- Seasonal Recipe Packet
- Tips, Grocery Lists and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Kick-off group yoga class with Deb (for program participants only) on June 10th 10:30 - 11:30am + program Q&A with Amy immediately after
- Unlimited group classes* at Crisp (we will provide a recommended fitness schedule)
- Unlimited text and email support from Amy
Questions? Email Amy here.
*Note: Included in the program pricing is one week of unlimited group classes at Crisp for the duration of the program (June 11-17) plus the yoga class on Sunday, June 10. You will not be using your Crisp passes for this program.
Total cost for the detox program is $150, which includes all the nutrition and fitness components described above. Click here or the green button below to register. Registration ends on June 6, 2018.
Next Steps for Getting Started:
- Click here or below to register and pay for the program online. (Note that registration is not available via the MINDBODY app on your phone. You may also call or email us, or sign-up in person at the front desk at Crisp.) Deadline for registration is Wednesday, June 6th.
- Amy will send all materials on June 7th so you can prepare, grocery shop, and plan your classes at Crisp.
- We will see you at the yoga + Q&A on June 10th at 10:30am the day before the detox begins. (If you are not able to attend on Sunday, you can email your questions to Amy. She will include her contact information in her email on June 7th.)